His Excellency, Dr Ali Al Ghafis (Dr Ali), Governor of TVTC led the Saudi delegation, which was received at Parliament by Hon. Tim Groser. Dr Ali and PINZ Chief Executive Hone McGregor signed the agreement in the office of the Minister of Trade at the conclusion of Dr Ali’s New Zealand official visit.
The agreement provides for co operation and the provision and exchange of information and services across a wide area including:
- PINZ Managing and operating some Saudi Technical Colleges and Institutes.
- Encouraging hosting joint conferences, symposia, workshops and exhibitions for the managers of training institutes, trainers and trainees.
- Conducting research and technical studies which would help in carrying out the identified cooperation activities included in this cooperation arrangement.
- Providing joint training programs for trainers and training centers/institutes managers.
- Exchanging experiences in the technical areas.
- Exchanging and disseminating research, studies and other related materials.
- Mutual recognition of certificates, qualifications and qualifications registers in the areas identified by both participants.
- Other forms of cooperation in the field of technical and vocational training as may be agreed by the two participants in the future.